NATIONALENGLISH

Heart Wrenching! Mother Tries To Revive Baby Elephant Died of Electrocution

A three-year-old male tusker on Tuesday morning was found dead in the forests at Malampuzha near Palakkad district in Kerala.

The authorities suspected that the elephant came in contact with an electric wire and was electrocuted.

A heart-wrenching video shows the mother of the three-year-old elephant trying to prod and revive the dead elephant in the hope that it will wake up.

G5

After news of the death spread, the Forest and Wildlife officials as well as the police and the local residents reached the spot.

When the people arrived at the scene of the accident, three other wild elephants were guarding the one that got electrocuted, and were seen pushing it and giving signals to get up.

According to a report, the Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) Kurra Srinivas said that there was a live wire that connected to a bore well, and the elephant seems to have come in contact with it.

Residents of the area said that a herd of elephants had entered a private estate and the pump house located there. They have alleged that the elephant calf tried to chew a wire inside the pump house, and hence was electrocuted.

Meanwhile, the authorities are now trying to see that the three wild elephants are moved into the forests so that the autopsy procedures of the dead elephant could be undertaken.

The arrangements to bury it are also going on, said officials.

A probe has also been ordered into the electric connections at the pump house and the estate, to ensure norms were followed and to check whether there were any lapses.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button