John Barla, Minister of State for Minority Affairs, said that due to lack of awareness and knowledge among the officials of many states, schemes under Minority Affairs Department which are beneficial for the minority communities remain unutilized.
Addressing the newspersons here on Thursday, Barla said, besides the scholarship schemes, Ministry will also provide funds for the construction of residential schools, hospitals, girls hostels, and other infrastructures.
“I met Chief Minister Pema Khandu and advised him to submit the proposal to avail the benefits,” he added.
Met the young and full of positive energy Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh Shri @PemaKhanduBJP Ji during my visit to Arunachal Pradesh today. We both discussed various schemes for the upliftment of minorities being run by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. pic.twitter.com/JXL2ASH3SK— John Barla (@johnbarlabjp) October 28, 2021
He also informed that the Ministry of Minority Affairs will soon call officials to New Delhi where they will be provided detailed knowledge of the schemes to ensure their smooth implementation.
“To avail the schemes is much easier and better in Arunachal as 90 per cent fund is provided by the central government and only 10 per cent is funded by the state government. Whereas, other states have to pay 40 per cent while the remaining 60 per cent is funded by the central government,” Barla said, asking the state government to write proposals to the central ministry to avail the benefits to the fullest.